Links about Tasmania
This document contains:
Sources of information about Tasmania:
Sources of information about Australia:
The Tasmania Discussion List:
- soc.culture.australian FAQ
- The Frequently Asked Questions page from the soc.culture.australian
newsgroup is one of the Web's definitive sources for information about
Australia. One of the reasons the Tasmanian FAQ is not longer is because
there is a heap of information in the s.c.a FAQ. The thirteen sections
in the FAQ cover
- About soc.culture.australian
- How to find Australians, Australian Information
- Coming to Australia
- Studying in Australia
- For Australians Overseas
- Geography, Natural History
- Australian Life
- ABC News
- The Australian Broadcasting Corporation's news headlines. Updated 24
hours a day.
- Australian Embassy FAQ page
- The Australian Embassy in Washington DC has put together a list of 24
questions often asked about Australia.
- Visa and Immigration general information
- Visa information from the Australian Embassy in Washington DC.
- Guide to Australia
- If there had to be a home page on the Web for Australia, this would be it.
Links to most Australian WWW servers are accessed via here.
- 1996 CIA World Factbook
- Concise statistical and factual information about Australia.
- Exploring Australia
- A somewhat sloppy but nonetheless extensive guide to Australian
information on the Web. A good listing of other useful sites.
- Australian Tourism Commission
- Information for people considering a visit to Australia. Includes a photo
gallery of various aspects of Australian life.
- The List - Australia
- An extensive (although it doesn't seem comprehensive) list of internet
access providers in Australia.
- Radio Australia in RealAudio format
- Radio Australia's world news and a live broadcast stream. Your computer
will need to be able to play sounds in RealAudio format for you to listen.
A forum exists where people can discuss (via email) all matters related to
Tasmania. The scope of the discussion list is broad; topics under discussion
at any given time may include:
To subscribe to the list: send an Email to
email@example.com with subscribe tassie as the
first line of the body of the message.
- Tasmanian news and current affairs.
- Sporting news and results.
- Travel tips and advice for touring in Tasmania.
- A question-and-answer forum for those interested in learning more about
The number of messages received per day by list members is expected to be
small (under ten); unsolicited commercial activity will not be permitted.
Last reviewed 2006-08-06 12:44:23